For the privacy and protection of confidential documents and attachments that might be mistakenly sent to EVA's mailbox, [email protected] rejects messages sent to EVA when:
- The message's size is > 1 MB (a typical calendar invite is < 100 KB), or
- The message includes an attachment of any of the following file types (based on binary file-format detection instead of a simple file extension match):
- Documents: .cpr, .cwk, .cws, .dcx, .doc, .docm, .docx, .dot, .dotm, .dotx, .fax, .fp, .fp3, .frm, .gim, .gix, .gna, .gnx, .gra, .mcw, .mdb, .mdn, .met, .mpp, .obd, .odg, .odp, .ods, .odt, .pdf, .potm, .potx, .ppam, .pps, .ppsm, .ppsx, .ppt, .pptm, .pptx, .pre, .prs, .rtf, .shb, .shw, .sldx, .sldm, .wb1, .wb2, .wdb, .wk1, .wk3, .wk4, .wks, .wp, .wpw, .wp4, .wp5, .wp6, .wpd, .wps, .wpt, .wq1, .wq2, .wri, .ws1, .ws2, .ws3, .ws4, .ws5, .ws6, .ws7, .wsd, .xlam, .xlm, .xls, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltm, .xltx
- Audio (music and sound): .aif, .aiff, .ams, asf, .cda, .dcr, .dsm, .idd, .it, .mdl, .med, .mid, .mp3, .mtm, .mod, .mus, .nsa, .ra, .ram, .rm, .rmi, .rtm, .snd, .stm, .svx, .s3m, .ult, .voc, .wav, .wow
- Video: .avi, .cfb, .cmv, .dir, .gal, .m3d, .mmm, .mov, .mpe, .mpeg, .mvb, .qt, .qtm, .xtp, .xy3, .xy4, .xyp, .xyw, .mpg, .wmv
- Compressed and archive file formats: .7z, .ace, .bz, .bz2, .cab, .gz, .hex, .hqx, .lzh, .pages, .rar, .sea, .sit, .tar, .tgz, .uue, .zip, .zoo
If a calendar invitation to [email protected] contains any of these file formats, or has a message size that is > 1 MB, EVA's mailbox will reject the invitation a send a bounce back to the sender. For example, the bounced invitation might say something like: "For your protection, our email server rejects messages that could have been sent by accident. Please make sure you only include a calendar invite (and nothing else) in the message."
Depending on how your email server is configured, you might also receive a more generic bounce message, such as "Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery."
In order to remedy this, please ensure that when you invite EVA to a meeting, no additional attachments are included in your invitation. Simply re-send the invitation to [email protected], without attachments, and your invitation should be accepted normally.